Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.We are a community of learners thriving in a diverse world!
We are a family.
We are capable.
We are caring.
We all belong!
Mrs. Williams shared one of her favorite stories from elementary school in this week's Tuesday Tales virtual read aloud.
School Supply Kits
These are the last weeks to order school supply kits for the 2022-23 school year! Orders can be made online by July 15th at
Children's personal supplies will be delivered in a custom Bren Mar Park drawstring backpack! Community items will be provided to the classroom teachers. Delivery will be made to the school before Open House.
Checks may also be delivered to the school office between 9:00 - 1:00 each weekday.
Summer Meal Kits
Bren Mar Park has been selected as an open meal distribution site. Summer meals (breakfast and lunch) can be picked up at no charge for children ages 18 and younger.
Breakfast and lunch meals can be picked up Monday to Friday, June 27 - August, 4 between 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Food is for pick-up only. Please check the FCPS webpage for more information. https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/food
BMP Summer Office Hours
Bren Mar Park front office is open to the public between 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on most work days. The front office will be closed on the following holidays:
Monday, July 4 In honor of 4th of July
Tuesday, July 5 Staff holidays
BMP Tuesday Tales
Join us virtually each Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. for a story read by a Bren Mar Park staff member.
These will occur every Tuesday evening, June 28 - Tuesday, August 2. The link will open 5 minutes before 7:00 at this link.
Free and Reduced Meal Applications
For the past two years, the federal government has provided no-cost meals to all public school students without the need to complete the annual Free and Reduced-Price Meal application. The extension of the no-cost meals benefit to all students is expected to expire at the end of this school year, meaning families must submit an application and be approved to be eligible for free and reduced price meals for the 2022-23 school year.
Eligible families are encouraged to submit the Free and Reduced-Price Meal application before the first day of the 2022-23 school year. The online application will be available later this summer and accessible via the FCPS homepage.
Job Opportunities for BMP Families
To help us meet these critical needs, here is a reminder of some job opportunities that we have a available at Bren Mar Park and FCPS:
- Bus drivers
- Full-time front office assistant - responsibilities include welcoming and helping BMP families, managing staff Time & Attendance, providing back up health/medical needs, and organization/management of other office tasks; please email questions or resume to Mrs. Williams
- School Health Aide (SHA) - responsible for managing the school clinic and supporting the school community with medical care, including administration of regular and emergency medications and managing documents of medical needs
- Substitutes (short- and long-term)
If you or someone you know is looking for work and may be a good fit for one or more of these positions, I encourage you or them to apply!
Volunteer Opportunities at BMP
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is always looking for people to volunteer in a variety of fun ways! Please email [email protected] for more information.
Bren Mar Park is seeking a Title 1 Parent Advisory Committee Representative (TPAC) for next school year. There are monthly meetings in which you would learn more and share about the great things going on in FCPS Title 1 schools. Please email [email protected] if interested.
Back to School Immunizations
In order for your child to begin school at the start of the 2022-23 school year, documentation of compliant school entrance requirements (immunizations and physical examinations) must be received on or before August 22, 2022.
Please click the below links for information regarding immunization guidelines and requirements.
School entrance immunizations can be accessed through a number of resources to include your healthcare provider, the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD), and Inova Cares Clinics. Get more information about FCHD and Inova clinic locations and dates.
Mental Wellness Consultations
This summer, the FCPS Office of Intervention and Prevention Services will offer virtual Mental Wellness Consultations from June 21, 2022 through August 5, 2022. Parents and students will have an opportunity to schedule a 45-minute consultation with a school psychologist or school social worker by phone or videoconference. Consultations will be offered in two ways:
- Directly to parents of students in any grade level. This consultation provides an opportunity for parents to receive guidance on how to support their child’s social, emotional, behavioral, and academic success. Information about community resources will also be provided.
- Directly to students in middle or high school. This consultation provides an opportunity for middle and high school students to receive guidance and support for concerns related to anxiety, mood, behavior, peer or family interactions, or school transitions and changes. Strategies and tools can also be provided to address academic challenges such as organization and time-management.
All parents and secondary students are encouraged to take advantage of this service by clicking here to request a consultation. You may also leave us a message at 703-503-2520.
Important Upcoming Dates/Events
August 6 Rising Kindergarten Playground Playdates (9:00 - 10:00)
August 6 Rising Grade 1 & 2 Playground Playdates (10:15 - 11:15)
August 6 Rising Grade 3 - 5 Playground Playdates (11:30 - 12:30)
August 13 Rain Date for Playground Playdates
August 19 Back to School Open House (10:30)
August 22 First Day of the 2022-23 School Year, Grades K-5